It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Ambien-Can Your Personality Change During "Blackout"?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
    jamesrwright3
    (male)

jamesrwright3 HB User
    Ambien-Can Your Personality Change During "Blackout"?

Here is the situation. My ex and I broke up last weekend. It was painful for me because I am the one that caused it by being inattentive to her needs..It was not because I was a jerk and mistreated her..I just didn't treat her the way I know she should be treated. I wasn't romantic like I should..didn't tell her how much I cared for her..things like that. The bad thing was is the main reason I was not doing those things is I was suffering from depression and was not myself. I didn't even realize how far I had gone down hill. It was not a severe depression where I really noticed it..like wanting to die or anything..Just caused problems with sleep, energy, emotional issues and lack of sex drive, etc.I absolutely hated myself last weekend for failing to recognize how my depression was affecting things and failing to get help sooner. I did get help this week. I needed it.

However, I was hoping that my ex and I could remain on friendly terms., We did e-mail each other back and forth this week going over what happened in our relationship and her providing me some guidance. It sounded as if we were on friendly terms, and friendship, at least on a loose basis may be possible. She said she wanted to put those "issues behind us" I wasn't thinking we could be BFF anytime soon or anything like that, but down the road I thought maybe we could hang out/keep in touch at least.

Then all of a sudden yesterday she said she did not want to correspond with me further because of my scary behavior LAST weekend (nearly a week later). I do remember being really depressed on Saturday and Sunday and calling her repeatedly. I thought that is what she meant. No, she said I made some kind of threat to reveal details of her personal life to her friends.

I really do not recall doing that. Apparently that happened Sunday night. However, The first I heard about it was nearly a week later(yesterday), and she was relatively nice to me the entire week over e-mail.

Last Sunday night I did take my two Ambien (20mg) and two benadryl. The doc recently changed my prescription from Ambien to trazadone, but I took the Ambien that night because I heard alcohol/trazadone can be a deadly or more harmful combination. I had gone to dinner with a friend and had a little wine and didn't want to take a chance. I do recall not wanting to be awake for very long after coming home from dinner and wanted to sleep for a LONG while because I was in so much emotional pain. Apparently this "threat" occurred that evening. I sincerely do not recall doing such a thing, but she is not the type of person to make stuff up. I am friends or at least friendly with every other person I have dated. I do not have a history of doing such things or exhibiting any kind of scary/unusual behaviors.

Can these drugs "change" your personality and/or was it something I would have said normally? Any assistance would be appreciated.I am trying to get closure on this. It really bothers me I would hurt someone or make them concerned/scared. It is not normal for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
    skellington83
    (female)

skellington83 HB User
    Re: Ambien-Can Your Personality Change During "Blackout"?

I don't know if it can change your personality, but it can make you do things you can't recall the next day. My mom takes it when she can't sleep, and I've recieved a long, rambling voicemails from her in the middle of the night.

Closed Thread