It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Trazodone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #1
    skellington83
    (female)

skellington83 HB User
    Question Trazodone

I've been taking Lunesta for 3 months. It was okay, but it really didn't keep me asleep all night. So my dr. wanted me to try trazodone. I have friends that had good experiences with it, so I agreed. I took it last night and this morning I woke up very groggy, and it kind of feels like I slept really lightly. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee(sorry tmi), and was really dizzy.

Does anyone else take this? Does it take your body a while to adjust? Maybe the dosage ws too high?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User
    Re: Trazodone

I have tried many sleep meds, Lunesta did not help me. I am taking trazadone 100mg at night for insomnia. How much are you taking/ My dr. said to start at 50 then 100 and if that does not help 150mg. I hate to have to take something every night for sleep but I finally realized I needed to. I think your body has to get use to it. Try taking it like 1 hour before bedtime. I have to have a quiet time routine in order to help me relax.. stay off computer, dim lights an hour before bedtime. Try taking the trazadone every night. At first I felt groggy and now I feel fine. Good luck to you

Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
    skellington83
    (female)

skellington83 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I was prescribed 50mg, but told to take 100 if that didn't help. I'm going to give it several more nights to see how it goes.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User

HI! I forgot to tell you that in addition to the 100 mg of Trazadone I also, in addition sometimes take a 3mg sustained release melatonin. This will not hurt. I have heard that Trazadone is a pretty safe sleep aid and if I have had a stressful day sometimes the melatonin kinda helps with the Trazadone. Just don't take it and then go straight to bed. That never seemed to work for me at least. And I don't take the melatonin every night..maybe 1 or 2 nights out of the week. Good Luck and remember just give it time and take every night. The 50mg never helped me.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
    LL37
    (female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

Trazadone is a tricylic antidepressant, and works like amitryptline, both make me very nauscious though. And I don't sleep much or well or anything on them. NOt remotely willing to try them again.

Closed Thread