It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• Sleep Running

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
    chiser
    (male)

chiser HB User
    Sleep Running

Hello,

I am 19 years old and am working part-time and attending college so I am a bit busy but not the busiest. I get around 8 hours of sleep about three times a week and around 5-6 the rest because of work and school. It is always a struggle getting up in the morning but I think its because my sleep pattern is so crazy. But the reason I give all the info is because I am wondering if it is the cause of why I sometimes RUN in my sleep.

I have always slept walked since I was about 6 but not very often. And as I got older I began to talk in my sleep and sometimes, if people were staying over and were awake while I was asleep, I would sit up, while still asleep, and start talking then wake up and realize I was sleep talking. hahaha. But since the past couple years I have been having times where I wake up in the middle of the night, heart pounding, and I am in the middle of a sprint through my house! I will continue to run for a second or two then realize that I must have been dreaming. And it's not a walk it is literally a sprint for my life haha. My friends, brothers, and parents have seen me do it and I myself notice I'm doing it when I come to myself usually about after half way through the run. My poor girlfriend stayed over a bit ago and in the middle of the night I dove off the bed, accidentally kneeing her in the head, and sprinted towards the bathroom, stumbled and began crawling backwards then got up and sprinted towards the kitchen where I came to myself hearing her call my name. I didn't wake up until I got to the kitchen. And I feel bad for her because I know it would scare me if I was her haha.

As for my family, as it may be genetic, my grandfather has had many "night outbreaks" for the past couple years where he is fighting for his life in his sleep. And recently he has become much worse. He actually left his house in the country and ran through cornfields and ended up about a mile and a half away from his house where my uncle picked him up! For his case though I'm afraid he has or is getting dementia because he now has outbreaks when he is awake, thinking that people are after him or are making him do something. I am writing this because maybe this is why I sleep run and have my night attacks.

If anyone knows why I do this, or why he does that please tell me and if there are any ways to treat these problems.

Thanks so much!

Sorry so much writing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread