It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sleep Disorders Message Board

• sleep deprieved addicted to temazepam

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2001, 08:24 AM   #1
    mel333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel333 HB User
    Angry sleep deprieved addicted to temazepam

I have had trouble sleeping since having pain due to car accident and take 30mgs temazepam each night sometimes 10-20. Also take painkillers codeine etc and migrane med. For sleep I find temazepam great but now I am addicted and an really tired during the day and drink coffee to wake up! even with 8 /10 hrs a night. Sometimes I take less temazepam and instead use antihistamines which cause even more drowsiness next day1 I find exercise helps a bit and accupunture, but I've only had this twice. Any thoughts on this? I feel hopeless and my husband is getting very frustrated with my waking up/ not sleeping etc, he always sleeps fine!. I am young and althletic and don't know how much longer I can hold down a decent job and study etc. The pills are controlling me and I find I can only go to my doc I have known for years to get them and have even borrowed them of my mum because of the fear of asking for more scripts!

[This message has been edited by mel333 (edited 07-29-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2001, 08:49 AM   #2
    Pam

Pam HB User
    Hi Mel333~

Have you been able to get off of the Temazapam yet? I just wrote a similar post and fully understand your frustration. What do we do? If I don't sleep at all for a couple of nights in a row, I feel sick and get chest pain. I can't do this either ~~~~ I wish I had never started the meds. I can't take over the counter stuff because I have heart arythmia problems. Any thoughts?

Pam ~

Old 08-19-2001, 07:46 AM   #3
    mel333
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel333 HB User
    Hi Pam,

The temazepam is very hard to get off. I am trying to scale back slowly because if I don't take it I get a similar anxiety effect like your talking about. I have heard you are supposed to treat this 'withdrawel' in a tapering off way because you can get these side effects. I am trying to really tire myself out during the day and get up earlier and at a regular time etc. It is difficult when you lie awake at night for hours though. I was told about stilnox by my doc , some typr of relaxing non addictive mild sleeping tab I am going to try. I will let you know how it goes. Take care.
    Mel

Closed Thread