It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Bupropion - smoing and weight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
    olliesmom
    (female)

olliesmom HB User
    Bupropion - smoing and weight

HI,
    This is my first ever post on a website.

I would love to know how people did on quitting smoking and weigh loss.

I quit smoking 4 days ago, with the patches.
    My doctor just gave me Bupropion and I will start tomorrow, because I am craving a lot! nothing seams to give me pleasure, not even food!

On the past 4 days I have allowed myself to eat more than I usually would to avoid the need of nicotine. But I can't allow myself anymore. I read so many posts of people gaining so much weight when they quit smoking and that is scarring me because as I want to be off cigarets I want to loose weight too!

I wantted to know if people that took Bupropion and wait smoking gained weight? and if you could tell me if you worked out during , because I plan to work out everyday.
    I also saw that people that maintained their weight when they quit smoking taking Bupropion gained a lot back when they stopped the medication.

Everyone around me seams to be saying that I am only doing my obligation by quitting smoking, and I feel it is so part of me. I didn't know it would be this hard. I smoked for 10 years 22 cigarets of marlboro reds 100s a day, and I just want to know if we ever feel back to normal, I can't seam to be able to imagine myself feeling wholesome during this I used to enjoy before like sitting with friends and just having coffee for hours outside, or taking a break from work. I don't know what non smokers do when they take a break lol.
    Please share with your experiences. It would be great to know what changed in your routine once you quit smoking to gain or loose the weight.

I can't wait to hear from you out there !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
    rosier
    Veteran
    (female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
    Re: Bupropion - smoing and weight

You can concentrate on not using food to control to pangs of not smoking. Read a book, take a walk, do a craft. Something to keep your hands busy. You will do fine and do not worry about what other say, you are in control, you can fail, but you are doing for yourself. You are not doing it for obligation to anyone but yourself. they are jealous that you are trying to quit, they are not ready to make the first step. You do not listen to them. And you will succeed. Hugs for today.

Rosier
    Never give up.

Closed Thread

Tags
    bupropion, cigarette smoking, weight gain, weight loss