It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Day 1

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-22-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
    Cindy62816
    (female)

Cindy62816 HB User
    Day 1

Ordered TBX Free and just started it this morning. 3 1/2 hours and I can say I don't crave a cig really, but the habit itself has me really wanting one. I have smoked for 34 years and quit probably 8 - 10 times. If anyone has any tips for success this time, I would love to hear them. I need the support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: Day 1

Well done! I quit two years ago now with the help of champix and I don't really have any tips of help sorry. My biggest suggestion is to ensure you're truly "ready" to give them up. Prior to me quitting for good I had tried many times, with many different modalities from going cold turkey, to even being hypnotised and nothing supported the worsening cravings for me.

Being truly ready to give them up and reminding myself of the fact helped me a lot. It's not to say I wouldn't mind a smoke every now and again, I'd be lying if I said otherwise, but it's such a nicer lifestyle without them

All the best! You've got this! You can do it
    K.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
    hammerhead44
    (male)

hammerhead44 HB User

I have had tbx free for about two wks now and I got to say it does help with the cravings, I do have one now and again, that said, I know that's not good. The thing I like about it, is there is no nicotine in it and getting the drug out of one's system is a big plus. The habit of puffing on a cig or having it in your hand is tough. Its a mental thing and the fact that I have smoked for fifty some years. All I can say is that I'm going to keep trying and I like the concept of not having nicotine in it. Good Luck,

Old 05-31-2017, 11:09 PM   #4
    VinceG
    (male)

VinceG HB User

Congratulations and I hope you continue to be smoke free! Like you I smoked for over 30 years and probably quit more than 2 dozen times. I finally stopped 12 years ago this month. I started by using one of the nicotine lozenges. They worked pretty good for me...too good actually as I quickly became rather addicted to them. I switched to the large sugar-free peppermint life savers and was able to be completely nicotine free after that.

Habits on the other hand are a bit more difficult as you have to "unlearn" those. For months afterward, every time I got into my car the first thing I did was start grabbing at my pockets looking for a smoke. Lighting up was always my first step in starting the car up.

The old habits eventually pass and today I don't miss it at all. I don't crave it, and when I smell the smoke of others it is very unpleasant. I've heard other former smokers say they still get cravings but I've never experienced that. In fact I once heard Gene Simmons (of KISS fame) say that quitting smoking wasn't the hardest thing he had ever done, but it was the one thing that he never wanted to go through again. That is how I feel.

Good luck!!

Reply Reply