It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

First day ... first pill ... here's hoping!

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #1
Wolfie1038
(female)

Wolfie1038 HB User
First day ... first pill ... here's hoping!

Hi everyone! I wanted to day hello and to have a support system in my corner on this endeavor.

I'm almost 66 and have smoked for about 40+ yrs. I quit back in 1995 for 5 yrs when my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. I stopped not because I wanted to, but because I didn't want to smoke in front of him. Stayed stopped for 5 years until he passed and then figured I had "nothing to lose anymore", so I went back to smoking. That was 17 yrs ago and I am still smoking.

I am starting to have some health problems and decided it was time I needed to quit...FOR ME!

My doctor gave me a prescription for Chantix but there was no "starter pack". Just 3 bottles of 1mg pills. They said I could make a starter pack by cutting some in half, and that is what I am doing.

Today is the day I decided to start. I had to laugh because I have planned this day for a week now, and yet I found myself eating my lunch REALLY SLOWLY since I knew that when I was done it was time for that first ½ pill!

Anyway, I just took my first dose and, as much as I realize all those warnings are there to CYA for the big pharma, I am scared to death that I will wind up with every single side effect listed! LOL

I live alone with my 2 dogs, and they aren't much of a support system, so that is why I'm here. I could sure use your help and re-assurance as I venture into this. Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #2
VinceG
(male)

VinceG HB User
Re: First day ... first pill ... here's hoping!

Hi Wolfie,

How is your quit going? I'm hoping that you can tell us that by now you haven't smoked for over a month and a half! You sound like you're committed to quitting and since you were able to stop for 5 years in the past, you are already well armed on what to expect. Good luck, you can do it!

Vince

Old 01-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Catmanx
(male)

Catmanx HB User
Re: First day ... first pill ... here's hoping!

How's it going? :-)

I really hope you're hanging on. It's so worthwhile!

I've stopped smoking myself recently after being diagnosed with hypertension and having AGAIN bronchitis.

Good luck!

Reply Reply