It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Quitting Vaping -- Help!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
    remy
    (female)

remy HB User
    Quitting Vaping -- Help!!

Hello All,

It's been a while since I've been on this site. About 5 and a half years ago, I transitioned from smoking cigarettes to vaping. About two years, I discovered Juul. I now believe that it has contributed to some of my health issues and want to stop. Have any of you quit vaping? I'm thinking of using the patch, as it worked for me when I stopped smoking years ago. But I'll be honest--Juul is one hell of an addiction. They make it wayyyy too easy. Any advice is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Quitting Vaping--Help!!

I don't see how you can lose by trying the patch. You say it worked once before, so maybe it will work again.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnR41 For This Useful Post:
    remy (01-18-2019)
    Old 01-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

My husband just quit vaping with the patch! It worked for him! Make sure you are using the lowest nicotine possible in the meantime.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:40 PM   #4
    remy
    (female)

remy HB User

Thanks, John! I appreciate the support. Unlike some who may feel that vaping is a good way to keep them off of cigarettes, for sensitive people like me, I think Juuling (as the kids call it), just became too much.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
    remy
    (female)

remy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    My husband just quit vaping with the patch! It worked for him! Make sure you are using the lowest nicotine possible in the meantime.
    That's encouraging! I've purchased a 7mg patch. That's the lowest of the three that are sold. Or did you mean using the lowest amount of nicotine possible in the vape juice? Juul pods come in a predetermined strength. I honestly think it's the PG or VG in the Juul pods that have affected my very sensitive body.

How has it been for your husband? What made him want to quit vaping? I'm curious, as I know that for some people, it's been a God send. But if you're husband is like me, then he probably realized at some point that it's still a pretty powerful addiction--and fairly expensive--at least Juul pods are.

Reply Reply