It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Chantix Questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #16
    SanyBelle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User
    Re: Chantix Questions

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MellieMel View Post
    I've actually gotten to the point where I can't really picture myself smoking anymore...
    Speaking of pictures, whenever I see a picture of me on vacation, in a restuarant, at a party I've usually had a cig in my hand or was trying to hid it. How gross looking it is to me now. LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #17
    Memaw649
    Inactive
    (female)

Memaw649 HB User

I would never let anyone take a picture of me with a cigarette in my hand!! There is probably less than 10 pictures in all the years that I smoked with me holding one. And that was when I didn't know anyone was taking it! I used to threaten anyone with a camera not to take a picture of me until I had finished my cigarette!!!! Or I'd tell hold on, let me put this thing down. Now...smile!!

Memaw

Old 03-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #18
    Mrsdew
    (female)

Mrsdew HB User

Hi there

How long did it take you to get the point of not thinking about it.

We have humidifiers in the bedrooms already but i am sure that if i didnt i'd have drymouth.

ANyone else having not horrible, like on the patch, but just really weird dreams???

Trace

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dwatkins View Post
    Never in a million years would I believe that I could be 16 days smoke free, but its true and I'm perfectly fine. I do wake up with a dry mouth in the AM, but other than that I'm fine. The Chantix does seem to work mentally (as crazy as that sounds) because I'll start thinking about smoking, then the next minute I'm thinking about something totally different and thinking why was I even thinking about smoking. It really is weird.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #19
    Memaw649
    Inactive
    (female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi Mrsdew!!
    It took me about 4 months maybe 5 to quit thinking about smoking every day.
    I rarely think about it now until I logon to this web site. Even then I don't think about ME smoking. I'm thinking about all of you.

Lots of people have the dream thing while taking the Chantix. I did not. Just the nausea, constipation, and indigestion for me. Kinda wished I had the dreams instead.

Good idea about the humidifiers. Never though about that. I sleep with my mouth open and wake up with dry mouth a lot. Wonder if that would help me?

Good Luck to you!!

Memaw

Old 03-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #20
    donewithvics
    (female)

donewithvics HB User

Chantix is just a miracle in my opinion...I have smoked on and off...mostly on...for the past 25 yrs at least 1 pack/day. Every other time I've tried to quit, I'd go nuts...the anxiety was always too much. With Chantix, I have NONE of that. No physical wds that I could tell...and no mental ones either. This has been such a blessing for me. I'm taking it the full 6 months since my ins pays for it...I figure, the longer the better!!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #21
    Memaw649
    Inactive
    (female)

Memaw649 HB User

Hi augirl!!
    Refresh my memory...when did you quit? How much longer have you got to go? I, too, could never have quit without the Chantix. I tried and tried and tried and tried. Truthfully, I didn't think the Chantix would work either. Nothing had ever come close to working before. Oh was I ever surprised!!!
    Congrats to you on your quit!!!!!

Memaw

Old 03-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #22
    mangojunky
    (female)

mangojunky HB User

I am on 2 weeks, and this weekend was tough. I know it will get easier, and nothing worth having comes easy.

I have been having some vivid dreams....only a few "bad" ones - the rest have just been interesting. I cannot sleep well. I had a bit of nausea, but that went away when I dropped back to 1 mg/day.

deb

Closed Thread