It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• have to quit , not quite ready =(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #16
    NY 1009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
    Re: have to quit , not quite ready =(

I would really like to know what that program is.

by the way, WOW! what a wonderful forum we have going here.
    the group of people that have shared their stories are all different and unique in their own way.
    I really enjoyed reading everyones experiences in quitting smoking.
    such a diverse group of people and very interesting.

you have all inspired me and I"m finding I need this when I begin to feel weakened.

I have almost completed the 2 week supply that was sent to me for free, but I decided to go totally off the nicotine and stopped wearing the patch 2 days ago and I"m fine.
    I thought it would be alot worst with my desires, but only finding myself becoming very sad and weepy at times. I know it's the withdrawal of the nicotine and that it will soon pass.
    being I also have very addictive behavior, I have now become addicted to lollipops. I LOVE them. the combination of the sweetness, the salt and sour, all combine into this wonderful burst of flavor on my taste buds.
    better than a stinky ole' cigarette, right?

I am finding I have to watch what foods I eat because now I have more of a craving for junk food, like cookies, cakes, sugars. I was able to eat basically what I wanted without gaining an ounce, now I'm gaining and missing the way I was able to eat.

I don't know if it's the new medication I"m on for my bipolar problem or if it's because I'm no longer smoking?
    I heard cigarettes burn fat cells in our bodies. that's what an endocronologist told me back in the 90's.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-26-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: please read the rules - do not post to the moderator

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread