It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• 3 Month Quit.....but still need nicotine chewing gum :-(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
    Evonne667
    (female)

Evonne667 HB User
    3 Month Quit.....but still need nicotine chewing gum :-(

Hiya All

Quit smoking 3 months & 1 week ago. Was on patches & gum for help with withdrawals. Came off patches 2 days ago but can't seem to cope without the nicotine gum. It feels like giving up smoking all over again I am on approximately 5 chewing gum a day. I did try to replace the gum with mints, but found too much consumption gave me heartburn Any other tips and advice is mostly appreciated.

Evonne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
    marian100
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

marian100 HB User
    Re: 3 Month Quit.....but still need nicotine chewing gum :-(

Chew the gum as long as you need to. As my doctor told me, the important part is to not smoke and to keep the poisons and carcinogenics out of your body. I used sugarless hard candy and am just stopping that this week even though it has been almost 2 years since I stopped smoking. I have only been totally off the patch for less than a year. After you do get off the gum for awhile and a strong urge to smoke comes up, don't don't be afraid to use the gum again for a short while. I had to do that with the patch. It is better than going back to smoking. So take it easy, not too easy, and do it the best way for you. Remeber that this is a process. Godbless

Old 05-08-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
    Reyne
    (female)

Reyne HB User
    Re: 3 Month Quit.....but still need nicotine chewing gum :-(

My girlfriend was on the patch for 2 yrs...had to ween off of them, did fine. Her Dr told her you are just getting nicotine from the patch. When you smoke you are getting the toxins in the smokes.

The patch, gum or lozenge is just nicotine. Just like caffeine is a substance.

And congrate's on the 3 months!! Use the crutch as long as it takes. Get over the physical/mental addiction to the smokes..you will give up the gum when you are ready!

Closed Thread