It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Chantix isnt working...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
    nuttygirl
    Veteran
    (female)

nuttygirl HB User
    Question Chantix isnt working...

I've been through the white pills although the side effects were so bad my dr told me to cut them and take half twice a day so my body could adjust. Now I'm doing the entire blue pill am and pm with very little decrease in my smoking! I'm not getting the 'it tastes horrible and makes me sick to smoke' thing I've read about. I'm very disappointed I really hoped this might work for me. Should I continue and keep hoping? I'm just about to finish my first week on the blue pills. I really want to quit!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #2
    imjensmom
    (female)

imjensmom HB User
    Re: Chantix isnt working...

Hi Nuttygirl, if it were me, I'd give it another week and see what happens. Just a guess but it could be because you had to cut down the dose that it will take a bit longer to build up in your system.
    Good Luck!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
    Jack1945
    (male)

Jack1945 HB User
    Re: Chantix isnt working...

Chantix did not make me want to quit. It just gave me a little help in saying no to the next cig. I've been quit for 14 months now and still would like to have a cig. I just know that the first one will be the easiest to say "No" to and that keeps me from lighting up.

Closed Thread