It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Started Chantix yesterday - figured I'd quit as of last night

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
    joefarrell
    (male)

joefarrell HB User
    Started Chantix yesterday - figured I'd quit as of last night

Hello all:

First off, thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that shares their stories - it's a big help reading through everyone's thoughts etc.

I got a prescription for Chantix 3 months ago, held it for awhile and started it yesterday, a bit nervous after reading the stories here and other places. I smoked during the day - by 9pm they did not taste like anything more than 'smoking a carrot'!

Anyway, lets get to the dreams. That was weird. After reading about restless sleep, I made sure to have a few drinks so I could fall asleep, which I did, easily around 10:30. But around 4am I woke up with some vivid, not real good dreams. Then, going back to sleep, the dreams just lie there on the top of my mind, starting right up again.

When I got up, I didn't have the same craving for a smoke as usual, freaked out somewhat by the dreams/reslesstless sleep and said to myself: "Well, let's get on with it!" The faster I quit the sooner I can start posting, x days, x hours, x minutes x dollars saved etc. and join the rest of you.

So that's it. Last smoke was at 9pm last night - seems like my quit day found me.

Considering I've only done the first 2 days of pills, I'm wondering if I should try to limit my use of these pills to minimize the nasty effects on sleep, nausea, headache etc. But I really do want to quit. I've smoked for 25 years, 1 1/2 packs/day, I'm 42 and in otherwise good health. It's time. I've never actually tried to quit.

So, anyone's experiences with 'customizing' the program is of interest.

Finally, good luck to all the folks trying to quit - regardless of what method you use, stick with it and be proud for trying.

Joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread