It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Smoking Cessation Message Board

• Stopped smoking, very harsh sideeffects.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #1
    russss

russss HB User
    Post Stopped smoking, very harsh sideeffects.

hello,
    my girlfriend who is 19 yrs old quit smoking cigarettes after 8 years, stopped rining coffee after many years, and quit smoking weed after 1 year.
    she quit all three of these a couple weeks ago on the same day. since then, she has been suffering from panic attacks, and been loosing weight very rapidly[went from 120 to 107 in just a few weeks].
    she has seen a doctor a few times, and has also gotten a few blodd test, which "turned out negative" the doctors said.
    it is very scary for me, she stopped having panic attacks for about 4 days but she just had one last night again.
    she has been eating very healthy and has been getting out more like taking walks, etc.
    what my question is:
    has anybody else been through this? or can offer some advice? if so, how long did it take till you started gaining weight again and the panic attacks stopped?
    thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2002, 07:10 PM   #2
    Debra Noel2

Debra Noel2 HB User
    Russ, It sounds like your girlfriend has decided to make some major life changes. That is excellent, but it will definately have its effects on the body both physically and psychologically. I have been smoke free since January 2, 2002 and I also suffer from panic disorder. For me, I knew it was going to be very hard and so the heightened anxiety didn't alarm me. Your girlfriend will experience the physical withdrawal of quitting smoking for about 2-3 weeks. I am not sure about the caffeine, but I know kicking that habit is very difficult. In terms of the weed, it would have to depend on how much she was doing before she quit. Your girlfriend may want to consider seeking some help in the form of a nicotine support group. She should also ask her doctor about the withdrawal of caffeine and weed. Good Luck to you both, and she can get through it.

Old 05-03-2002, 03:20 PM   #3
    Kemi

Kemi HB User
    That's about my exact story. When you smoke pot or use other drugs chronically and quit, i will give you anxiety. But the panic attacks are a different story.
    She needs to be honest with her doctor about the history and the terrifing panic attacks.

Good luck

Kemi

Closed Thread