It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Speech & Language Disorders Message Board

• My 10 year old kid is struggling with speech

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-06-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
    san76
    (male)

san76 HB User
    My 10 year old kid is struggling with speech

In early childhood my kids had middle ear infections due to frequent flu so he was diagnosed with hearing loss at age of 4 as his speech was delayed . He started wearing hearing aids at age of 6 , and now he is 10’years old and still struggling with speech. He also went for speech therapy but hardly improved . One of speech Tharapist told me that he doesn’t require speech therapy as it will not help him as he will learn from listening through social interaction but now previously he had improved through social interactions with other kids but now his improvement Is stagnant

Plz advice should I go for speech therapy as two speech therapists told me not to undergone speech therapy any one have similar problem

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply