It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• MRI Explanation of Physicians findings/help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2015, 02:09 AM   #1
    Teasterwood
    (female)

Teasterwood HB User
    MRI Explanation of Physicians findings/help

Hi, I'm 48 years old and I'm confused as well with my MRI reading. My symptoms are smack dab in the middle of my back to include a deep Chronic, aching pain & a painful burning sensation as well. It seems to worsen when I do any type of light housework such a as sweeping & literally puts me out of commission for no less than 24 hrs & up to 72 hrs. My doctor ordered an MRI & below are the findings. I don't know anymore now than I did before the MRI :-( Help & can I upload my MRI instead of having to manually type it in?

Last edited by Mo-S4; 07-06-2015 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Unnecessary information removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2015, 02:12 AM   #2
    Teasterwood
    (female)

Teasterwood HB User
    Re: MRI Explanation of Physicians findings/help

Examination is compromised to some degree of all sequences. Repeat Sagittal T2 imaging performed with less motion artifact.
    Disc bulges are present to varying degrees at all levels from C2-C3 through C6-C7, greatest at C5-C6 and C7. Superimposed broad-based left para central disc protrusion at C5-C6 (contacting the left ventral aspect of the cord) & tiny left paracentral disc protrusion at C6-C7 in combination with ligamentum flavin thickening at these levels generates grossly moderate spinal canal narrowing at C5-C6 and mild-moderate canal narrowing C6-C7. Mild spinal canal narrowing at C3-C4 and C4-C5. Patency of neural foramina is difficult to qualify given motion artifact.
    IMPRESSION
    Significantly motion degraded exam. Multilevel cervical spinal canal narrowing, greatest at C5-C6 and C6-C7, due to spondylitis & ligamentum flavin thickening as detailed above. C5-C6 left paracentral disc protrusion and tiny C6-C7 left paracentral disc protrusion.

Closed Thread