It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• I need Interpretation of my MRI results please!! i dont understand

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
    mamagoyco
    (female)

mamagoyco HB User
    I need Interpretation of my MRI results please!! i dont understand

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar multiecho noncontrast imaging of the cervical spine performed. The examination was performed under monitored intravenous conscious sedation. No reported complications.

CLINICAL INDICATION:
    Brachial neuritis or radiculitis NOS/723.4
    left cervical radiculopathy, weakness
    pt states left shoulder pain and numbness x 3 months no injury

COMPARISON: None

FINDINGS: There is modest levocurvature of the lower cervical spine. There is straightening of the cervical lordosis. Vertebral body heights are normal. There is no bone marrow edema nor suspicious marrow signal lesions seen. At C5-6, there is minimal
    posterior disc bulge. No other cervical disc herniation. No cervical canal or foraminal stenosis. The visualized posterior fossa contents are grossly unremarkable. Cervical cord has normal signal character and morphology.
    Impression
    1. Modest cervical levocurvature and straightening of the cervical lordosis.
    2.Minimal posterior disc bulge of C5-6. No cervical canal stenosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2015, 06:42 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: I need Interpretation of my MRI results please!! i dont understand

Welcome to the board. The PCP/family doctor is going to tell you things look good as almost everything appears to be healthy and normal. The usual pain generators such as herniated discs and stenotic foramen are not present.

There is a very small bulging disc at the disc located between the fifth and sixth vertebrae (noted as C5-6) but there is no indication that it is impacting a spinal nerve, so it shouldn't be causing the symptoms. However, it is the right location for causing pain across the shoulder and down the arm. Otherwise, things look "normal." There is a slight curve of the spine to the left side and the up and down curve of the spine which should be there, is flattening out. Unless this is a huge amount, it is not usually an issue.

The MRI is just one piece of the diagnostic puzzle. The images are correlated with what the doctor finds on physical exam, a basic neurological exam and after listening to your description of symptoms and their impact on your day to day activities. There may be some other reason for your symptoms.

Closed Thread