It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Acdf c5-c7 graft security

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
    ggberry
    (male)

ggberry HB User
    Acdf c5-c7 graft security

Hi all. Thanks to everyone who have posted here, it's really helped me prepare for the surgery, recovery and to know what to expect post op. Just had my surgery yesterday, so far so good.

I have a question about the security of the cadaver bone and hardware installed. Is it possible to knock it out of balance or out of place "accidentally"? I'm kind of aggressive by nature, I'm worried about pushing it too hard and just want to know if there are any definite "no go's" or if just in the normal moving around it can be disturbed.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Acdf c5-c7 graft security

Welcome to the board. Be aware that it takes about a year for the new bone to become set and firm, even though you will show bone growth much sooner. The first twelve weeks you should always be aware of your neck and behave cautiously. Hardware is designed to hold things in place while the new bone cells form and fill in. However, it is not indestructible. Screws can break and there can be other failures as well, so it pays to follow your surgeon's instructions precisely. Don't try to push the envelope because the only person that gets hurt will be you!

Closed Thread