It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical Straightening and strange symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
    jwood1016
    (male)

jwood1016 HB User
    Cervical Straightening and strange symptoms

Hi all, I recently started experiencing some tingling in all my fingers on the left hand, mostly in the tips. Shortly after came the dull neck pain and then I started to experience unsteadiness while walking. Almost like the ground was uneven. I am also getting these strange headaches on the right side of my head. I would describe them as 1 second throbs. An x-ray stated that my cerivcal spine has straitened but what is strange to me is that my neck mri came back completely normal. Now I am worried of a MS diagnosis. Has anyone experienced these symptoms with a straight neck? Thanks

Last edited by jwood1016; 01-04-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2016, 05:17 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Cervical Straightening and strange symptoms

Welcome to the board. There is a separate board for MS where you might also want to post. Your symptoms don't exactly sound like a cervical spine issue. It is not unusual to have some numbness in fingers or toes, a radiculapathy from a spinal nerve compression, but this would show up on MRI.

Straightening of the spine without any other indications of degeneration or other spinal issues should not cause the symptoms you describe. It could if it were sufficiently severe, but again, this would be obvious on MRI. Loss of lordosis results in muscles tightening up in an attempt to pull the curve back...and it can cause headaches.

What does your doctor say?

Last edited by teteri66; 01-06-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Closed Thread