It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Neck clicking, crackling. pop rocks sound when walking after neck adjustment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
    bretah
    (male)

bretah HB User
    Neck clicking, crackling. pop rocks sound when walking after neck adjustment

I went to physical therapy for TMJ 4 days ago, I'm 31 years old. While massaging my jaw the physical therapist went on to my neck, and without me knowing out of nowhere cranked my neck super hard and it popped 3 times on the left side. My neck has been stiff on the left ever since with some pain and when I walk I hear loud clicking crackling/pop rocks sounds in my neck right before it meets the shoulders. Did he injure me? anyone else experience this? will it go away.

I was so upset he cracked my neck like that he isn't even a chiropractor but said afterwards when I got upset with him that he knows chiropractor movements.

I've never been to a chiropractor so I don't know how it compares but it seems really hard and forceful when he did it. Its weird that when I move my neck I don't hear the sound, only when walking. Someone please advise me on this.

Also what type of doctor should I see for this issue, i'm going to schedule an appointment tomorrow, but don't know the type of doctor who would be best. My GP just gave me ibuprofen and said it should go away on it's own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2016, 07:14 AM   #2
    foxylady23
    (female)

foxylady23 HB User
    Re: Neck clicking, crackling. pop rocks sound when walking after neck adjustment

Well he should not have done it. Especially if he isn't qualified. The neck doesn't need any harsh movements, some will do this movement to make you think they are doing good things, because if you hear a loud noise you think oh yeah, he's sorted me, but no, they are not good.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-02-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Closed Thread