It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• spine compression fracture

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-27-2016, 06:46 PM   #1
    loyu
    (female)

loyu HB User
    spine compression fracture

hoping someone can provide some advice! My mom has osteoroporosis. A few months ago, she got a couple of fractures in her spine..was managing the pain, did some BoneFit exercises, and gradually became more mobile.
    Recently she stretched her arm to do something and suffered extreme pain again..we think she may have had another fracture. But now her stomach is bulging..can eat only a little bit of food or even a little water, and when she stands up, she says she feels like her organs are falling when she goes to get up. Is there anything that can be done about the bulging of her stomach and giving her some relief so that she can eat more food?
    help!

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2016, 06:51 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: spine compression fracture

Welcome to the board. This does not sound like any spine issue I am familiar with...which, of course doesn't mean much! It sounds more like an internal organ type of thing. Has she been to her doctor?

Old 02-28-2016, 11:04 AM   #3
    loyu
    (female)

loyu HB User
    Re: spine compression fracture

thank you! yes she has been to the doctor. One of the effects of a spinal compression fracture is that the stomach muscles get 'crapped' thus the patient can keep too much food in and the stomach starts to bulge.
    anyone that can provide some inputs on what to do to help would be appreciated!

Closed Thread