It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• multiple bulging discs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #1
    please help if
    (female)

please help if HB User
    multiple bulging discs

In need of advice. I have bulging discs around 2 to 3 mm all down my back from c7 on down. It doesn't show any nerve touching on the mri but I am now incontinent. Has anyone had this problem and is there any other test to help see the nerves better. I was hurt and since then I am have in a great amount of pain and incontinence. Any ideas what to do. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2016, 06:29 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: multiple bulging discs

Welcome to the board. You could have an EMG/ nerve conduction study that would tell you if one or more nerves are damaged. These are usually performed by a neurologist or physiatrist.

Did you have a MRI or CT Scan?

Incontinence can be a symptom of "cauda equina syndrome" which occurs when there is nerve compression in the central canal of the lumbar spine. It can also be caused by a compression of the spinal cord in the cervical area. It is a symptom that should be brought to your doctor's attention ASAP. If it is caused by nerve compression, the sooner the nerves are decompressed, the better. Otherwise the risk for permanent damage is high.

Closed Thread