It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ACDF Surgery coming up!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #1
    MM1974
    (female)

MM1974 HB User
    ACDF Surgery coming up!

Hi everyone! I'm having ACDF surgery on the 21st of this month. I woke up one morning with my neck stiff and intense pain with my muscle beteween my neck and shoulders, more on the right. It lasted for 2 weeks. Everytime I took a step it felt like a srabbing pain and it hurt to bend down and get back up. It's amazing how much you use your neck muscles.
    I went to chiropractor, massages, and physical therapy..finally asked to have a MRI. Lo and behold, I have severe spinal stenosis. A large extrusion is compressing my spinal cord at C4 and C5. It shows 4.4mm. I also have bulging disc between C2-7. I have a little anxiety over the surgery and would like to hear anyone else's experience.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
    MM1974
    (female)

MM1974 HB User
    Re: ACDF Surgery coming up!

I am almost 2 weeks post surgery from my acdf C4-C5. My doctor said it was a massive herniated disk. I'm doing good. I'm taking muscle relaxers 3 x's a day and Norco 2 x's a day. I started sleeping in my bed a week after surgery. Its fine with one pillow under my neck. I do feel a little numbness in my hands every now and then and have some shoulder pain. I was told it can take 6 months to a year for all symptoms to go away. Surgery and care in hospital were excellent!

Closed Thread

Tags
    acdf surgery