It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Pain Pump Questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
    caudasufferer
    (female)

caudasufferer HB User
    Pain Pump Questions

I am scheduled on June 24th to have a pain pump trial started...I have done my research but was wondering if anyone that has one could let me know how their experience has been with a pain pump? I sure would appreciate anyone telling me how it has worked for them. I suffer from Cauda Equina Syndrome from a herniated disc...also have had fusion surgery. Have been taking oral meds for quite a while now and it just isn't working...my pain levels are just too much...I want some sort of life again...been pretty much bedridden the past 6 months.😔

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: caudasufferer
    movielover40 (06-07-2016),Triestina (06-07-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2016, 05:36 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Pain Pump Questions

Welcome to the board. Before I go into any details about a pain pump, could you tell us more about your issues? What other treatments have you tried. You mentioning having a herniated disc and a fusion. How long ago was the surgery? Have you consulted with several spine surgeons? What are your current symptoms?

Old 06-07-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
    caudasufferer
    (female)

caudasufferer HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teteri66 View Post
    Welcome to the board. Before I go into any details about a pain pump, could you tell us more about your issues? What other treatments have you tried. You mentioning having a herniated disc and a fusion. How long ago was the surgery? Have you consulted with several spine surgeons? What are your current symptoms?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

My mother-in-law has one and loves it.

She gets the pump refilled every 3 months or so.

She had surgery several times on this spot of her back and the this was only thing that worked.

Closed Thread