It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• How many are suffering from CES?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
    bell236
    (male)

bell236 HB User
    How many are suffering from CES?

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I am the family of a CES patient. Does anyone have or know of someone who is suffering from CES?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2016, 05:49 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: How many are suffering from CES?

Welcome to the board. I assume you are referring to cauda equina syndrome? I am very sorry your loved one is afflicted with this very damaging issue. While I do not have CES, I have had lower lumbar problems and three lumbar surgeries including two fusions and am very aware of the existence of CES.

CES is something about which too many medical personnel are not knowledgeable. Whenever I run across someone who is new to lower lumbar issues, I always try to educate them of the existence of CES and what symptoms to watch for....as people sometimes have to advocate for prompt treatment if they run across a situation where the ER doesn't recognize the symptoms of CES and want the patient to make an appointment with a urologist, for example.

The only way to avoid permanent nerve damage is to seek prompt medical attention which often results in emergency surgery.

I can't think of anyone currently active on the forum who has CES, but hopefully if that person exists, he/she will see your post and respond.

Do you have specific questions someone might be able to respond to?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:34 AM   #3
    bell236
    (male)

bell236 HB User

Thanks for understanding. We are in a predicament.
    My younger brother fell down while playing football. The earlier doctor told him he has a minor disc slip and advised rest and medicine. However, the pain prevailed and, slowly he started to have numbness in his toes. the doctor changed the medicine and send us to a chiropractor. When he started loosing control over bladder, we changed the doctor. The new doctor diagnosed Cauda Equina Syndrome.

Last Friday , my brother underwent surgery. I'm afraid, the surgery was a little delayed. I would appreciate opinions on this? My brother is only 19.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #4
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

What was the time period between the bowel issues and the surgery? How is your brother doing now?

Closed Thread

Tags
    cauda equina syndrome