It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 6 mm lucency on ct scan

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #1
    catcrump
    (female)

catcrump HB User
    Question 6 mm lucency on ct scan

I went to the Emergency room after a car accident. They performed a ct scan on my head and neck and some x-rays. The doctor informed me that there were no broken bones, but that there was a mass, unrelated to the accident, on my neck ct scan. `The following is written on the ct scan report:

Visualization is from the skill base to the top of T2 vertebral body. There is normal vertebral body height and alignment. No acute cervical spine fracture identified. Mild loss of disc is present at C5-6with associated small anterior and posterior ostephyte formation. Posterior disc osteophyte complex also precsent at C7-T1. No high grade cnentral canal stenosis. There is a 6 mm lucency in the right aspect of the C4 vertebral body. Prevertebral soft tissues are normal. The visualized lung apices are clear. Tiny calcified granuloma seen in the posterior right lung apex.

I have to wait until next week to see the doctor and was hoping someone could give me a clue what these things mean.

Thank You.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: 6 mm lucency on ct scan

Your CT scan shows slight deterioration of two discs with small bone spurs. These changes are typical age related changes that are very common and may cause no problem unless they worsen over time. Changes typically take years or decades to progress, if they do at all, so I would not worry about these unless you are having persistent neck or arm pain. The lucency is small and could just be a bone cyst, which is common in bone. I suspect the Dr. may want an MRI to check it out further, but they can often tell by the appearance of the margins of it if it is just a cyst. If so, nothing needs done about it.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
    catcrump
    (female)

catcrump HB User
    Re: 6 mm lucency on ct scan

Thank you for your answer. I always anticipate the worst news.

Closed Thread