It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• leg/ankle pain after spinal stenosis surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2016, 12:47 AM   #1
    Lauragene
    (female)

Lauragene HB User
    Angry leg/ankle pain after spinal stenosis surgery

I have had severe pain/numbness from sciatica since Sept. 2016. After MRI, I was told that I needed to have surgery for the stenosis in my spine that was causing the leg and foot pain. Two weeks after surgery, I began having severe muscle spasms with the foot and ankle pain even worse than before. Surgeon said it was not unusual to have pain after surgery. My husband thinks I have Restless Leg Syndrome because of my flailing my legs while sleeping. I am so sore that I don't feel like exercising for my back, but I force myself. I am concerned that the tightness around my ankle is hurting my foot, but don't want to be bringing on other problems. Any ideas as I cannot find anything about patients after back surgery. I also have fibromyalgia and crohn's disease. Have had plantar fasciitis for many years, off and on. Think the foot problem has returned, but my doc thinks it is caused by the back issue. Please help me as I am at a loss as to what to expect after surgery. Surgeon says sometimes the pain will hang around for 2-4 months, or as long as 18 months. WHAT????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    back fusion, fibromyalgia, foot and ankle, restless leg syndrome