It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• New Symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2017, 07:01 AM   #1
    teddybearhugs
    (female)

teddybearhugs HB User
    New Symptoms

I have had issues with my neck since 2007... I had spinal cord compression at C5/6 along with canal stenosis, straightening of the lordosis and osteophytes etc diagnosed back in 2013, and had a discetomy and fusion at that site in 2014. I was told then the disc at C3 was bulging and had the potential to go the same way as C5/6 had.
    To summarise a very long story now, an MRI scan last year, confirmed the disc at C3 was contacting and flattening the cord, and I was told, my symptoms at that time were more related to Carpal Tunnel syndrome, which had been picked up from a nerve conduction test done a few months before this. I was also having problems with co-ordination/dizziness and memory, so I was sent for a brain scan, which I was told came back ok. I was listed for Carpal Tunnel surgery, which led me to getting a neurological disorder called CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in my hand) and my hand kind of superceded my neck for months... The last appointment with my neck, I was referred for another nerve root injection (I had one at C5/6 which did nothing before they opted for surgery).

I am having the injection in 2 weeks time, as they have said this will be more for diagnostics this time. But in the last few weeks, I have been suffering with bad vertigo... I have had visual disruption, pins and needles in the base of my skull, severe neck pain in the nape of my neck... my word mixing up has got worse, I have fallen to the right side twice (my neck issues are right sided).
    I saw my GP yesterday, who did some Neurological tests, she then asked if I had ever had a brain scan, I told her a year ago, and it was normal, she then said, well I would have suggested a brain scan if you hadn't had one a year ago that was ok... I think you have labrynthitis and gave me some antihastamines for 2 weeks..
    I just wonder if it could be my neck causing these issues...

Would anyone have any idea, if the issues with my neck at C3 could be causing these kind of symptoms... I have tried to find out through other sources... but there doesn't seem to be anything giving me anything specific as such.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread