It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• MRI lumbar different reading everytime..help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
    ladybug5563
    (female)

ladybug5563 HB User
    MRI lumbar different reading everytime..help

6/2017 this is my latest report...please translate in layman terms. Any help greatly appreciated.

L5-S1: Mild disc desiccation with minimal anterior spondylosis. Broad bases concentric circumferential 1mm disc bulge abuts the anterior thecal sac. No evidence of compressive discopathy, central canal stenosis or foraminal impingement. There is bilateral facet joint fluid.

L4-L5: Mild degenerative disc disease with disc desiccation, osteochondrosis and minimal anterior spondylosis. Broad based concentric circumferential 1mm disc bulge indents the anterior thecal sac. No evidence for compressive discopathy. The disc material encroaches the floor of the neural foramina bilaterally without evidence for exiting nerve root impingement. There is a mild epidural lipomatosis and this contributes to a mild to minimal central canal stenosis.

L3-L4: Mild degenerative disc disease with disc desiccation and minimal anterior spondylosis. No evidence for compressive discopathy, central canal stenosis or foraminal impingment.

L2-L3 Mild disc desiccation. No evidence for compressive discopathy, central canal stenosis or foraminal impingement.

T12 - L1 Mild disc desiccation. No evidence for compressive discopathy, central canal stenosis or foraminal impingement.

IMPRESSION:

1. Mild central canal stenosis at L4-L5 on the basis of mild degenerative disc disease, shallow disc bulging and epidural limpomatosis.

2. Multilevel mild to minimal degenerative disc changes. No evidence for vertebral body fractures or spondylolisthesis. No evidence for herniated discs or foraminal impingement.

Last edited by ladybug5563; 06-30-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: MRI lumbar different reading everytime..help

I went back and read through earlier threads where you had posted lumbar MRI findings reports. Were the MRIs done at the same facility? Did the radiologist who wrote this report have access to the other MRIs.

If I didn't know about the other previous MRIs, I think many doctors would tell you that there isn't much to be concerned about. The few things that could be considered possible issues are all described as "mild". This more or less means "a little something is going on so I will mention it, but it isn't anything to get worked up about...doesn't require treatment, etc."

What symptoms are you having?

Old 07-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
    ladybug5563
    (female)

ladybug5563 HB User
    Re: MRI lumbar different reading everytime..help

Different facility this time, mine is workers comp - I don't think they sent any of my previous MRI's to them. Issues I am having are.

throbbing pain in lower left back, pain everytime I take a step that radiates to groin area, down back of left leg sometimes the pain radiates down to my feet which feels like sharp cramps that I have to let ease up before walking, back tightens up like a rubber band in lower left back when I walk to my car or when trying to sweep my floors at home, burning sensations/spams sometimes, when going for walks a sharp pain shoots across my lower back to the right side before tightening up like a rubber band, I have to constant get up to stand at work for a while before sitting down. I walk with a limp doctor thought it may be my hip but mri show nothing with hip which I told him this is all coming from my back. They make me feel as though it's all in my head. I have been in pain since trying to lift a desk since 2011 and I am so tired of taking medication. I have tried acupuncture, physical therapy, chriro, epidural injections. Now doctor mentioned putting in a spinal cord stimulator, he says there is nothing he can do for me but yet wants to put in a spinal cord stimulator - makes no sense to me if there is nothing wrong.

Closed Thread