It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Pregnancy after cauda equina

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
    Jess Miller
    (female)

Jess Miller HB User
    Pregnancy after cauda equina

Just found out Im pregnant 2 years after my emergency surgery from c.e.s.... Got pregnant even with endometriosis! But due to the late diagnosis of my c.e.s I have a lot of permanent nerve damage and lots of everyday complications.... Has anyone had a baby after c.e.s?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Pregnancy after cauda equina

Wow. Congrats and welcome to the board. I have no personal experience with pregnancy and CES, but wanted to respond anyway. I don't know if you might need an ob who handles high risk cases or one who will consult with your spine surgeon.

I think you will need to rest more/get off your feet more as the pregnancy progresses. And it may be necessary to plan for a C-section,when it is time for delivery. Otherwise, I think you will be able to find ways to cope with whatever issues come along.

I imagine it would be important to limit how much weight you gain during the pregnancy...but your ob should discuss that with you.

Closed Thread