It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Car accident MRI help

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
    Kilo1
    (male)

Kilo1 HB User
    Car accident MRI help

I was in a car accident, I was T-boned I was the driver and I recently received my MRI results , need help understanding it.

Impression
    IMPRESSION:
    1. Small right-sided C4-5 disc protrusion abuts the spinal cord. A smaller central disc protrusion is present at C3-4.
    2. Minimal disc degeneration at C5-6 produces minimal central canal stenosis.

FINDINGS:

Alignment: Cervical spinal alignment is normal.

Marrow: The vertebral bodies are well maintained and show normal signal characteristics.

Craniocervical Junction: Cerebellar tonsils are normally positioned. The visualized portions of the posterior fossa are unremarkable. The regional osseous anatomy is normal.

Cord: The spinal cord shows normal signal content throughout its length.

C2-3: Unremarkable: The disc space maintains normal height and signal. The central canal and foramina are preserved. No facet degeneration is identified.

C3-4: There is a small central disc bulge abutting but not deforming the spinal cord. The height and signal of the disc are preserved. The foramina and facets are within normal limits.

C4-5: The height of the disc is preserved but there is desiccation. A small disc bulge to the right of midline abuts the spinal cord. In the midline, the thecal sac measures 11 mm. The foramina and facets are preserved.

C5-6: The disc space is minimally narrowed with desiccation and annular bulging. In the midline, the thecal sac measures 12 mm. The foramina and facets are preserved.

C6-7: Unremarkable: The disc space maintains normal height and signal. The central canal and foramina are preserved. No facet degeneration is identified.

C7-1: Unremarkable: The disc space maintains normal height and signal. The central canal and foramina are preserved. No facet degeneration is identified.

Soft tissues: The paraspinous soft tissues are normal.
    Component Results

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Car accident MRI help

Dear Kilo1,

I think right away you should go to a chiropractor and also get a massage. Nothing was broken, thank God, but the jolt can cause inflammation if you don't take proper care of yourself.

You are not helping yourself if you wait around for someone to tell you how to take care of yourself.

Love,

Last edited by yayagirl; 09-02-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Reply Reply