It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Post ACDF Surgery

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #1
    Squishees

Squishees HB User
    Post ACDF Surgery

Hi everyone, i hope you are all doing well. I had ACDF and corpectomy at the c6-c7 level 5 days ago. I had issues on my right side - referred pain to shoulder and numbness in last two fingers.
    My herniation was so extreme that about 90% of the disc was extruded and traveling downward in my spinal canal hitting the c8 nerve root. Oddly enough I didnít have symptoms from the nerve root that the actual disc was herniated from.

Because of two past surgeries from thyroid cancer mostly on my right side, my neurosurgeon went in the through the left side. He had a head and neck surgeon assist with the soft tissue since I had prior issues.

Hereís my question, my left shoulder is killing me and I have nerve pain at my left hand from the fleshy part under the thumb all the way to the thumb. I canít really lift my left side.

Now I realize that pain between the shoulder blades is normal but this left side is making me extremely nervous. My surgeons PA says itís normal but itís the opposite side!!

Iím so scared I now have nerve issues on the left in addition to left shoulder problems.

Iím trying to be positive and think that since they went in that way, itís just very swollen and the nerve is pinched from that but Iím a human being and well itís hard lol

Has anyone had similar issues? I will call the surgeon again on Tuesday but Iím just hoping someone else had similar issues that turned out to be normal from swelling.

Thank you for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply