It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• My sucess with ACDF

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
    2nd timer
    (female)

2nd timer HB User
    My sucess with ACDF

I haven't posted in quite a while. Thought it was time to check back in and let you know how I am doing.
    I had surgery in Feb of 2004 - ACDF C6-C7 with fusion and in 1998 for ACDF C5-C6 with fusion also. 8 years ago it was a hard recovery. I was very scared and stopped taking all pain meds and muscle relaxants the day of my surgery. I went into major drug withdrawal. It took me a year to get back on track and return to my life. This year was quite a different story.
    I had a great sugeon. His name was Dr. Thomas Hawk in Columbus, OH. I did so well I only went back for one post op visit at 4 weeks. It was along drive from KY so I just followed up at 8 weeks on the phone. I returned to work at 8 weeks post op also. The first few days were tuff. I sit at a computer all day. I have started mowing grass again and I do most anything I want. I took my daughter to King's Island over the weekend. I skipped the roller coasters. I think that would be overdoing it.

For everyone facing surgery. Make sure you trust your doctor. If you are not comfortable with them find another. I have friends who are in terrible pain from failed ACDF surgeries. I am one of the lucky ones, very lucky ones. I am not without pain. My shoulder and neck hurt every morning. But after a warm shower it loosens up and I am fine if I don't overextend my neck muscles.
    You are all in my prayers and thoughts every day. Good luck to all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread