It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Chest Sore After Acdf

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-28-2004, 03:00 PM   #1
    dove777
    (female)

dove777 HB User
    Chest Sore After Acdf

It's Been 6 Days Since Surgery And I Am Now Experiencing Soreness And Tightness Across My Chest. It Also Hurts My Chest To Cough.
    Any Body Else Had Similar Problems After Acdf And If So, How Long Does This Last?
    Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
    jbabbit
    (female)

jbabbit HB User
    Re: Chest Sore After Acdf

I had soreness in my chest after my ACDF but I actually had pain in my whole shoulder area front and back...down to almost mid back and down chest in front....it gets better every day and by 3 weeks the soreness started getting really better.

2 weeks post op I had bad pain, and then it eased for a couple of days and then came back at 3 weeks post op....been uphill since. I am now 7 weeks post op.

NS told me that at 2 and 3 weeks post op pain would be pretty bad...boy was he right!

If you are concerned about your pain call and ask. My NS was great when I had a question after surgery. My NS would call me back personally, but if your doc doesn't do that just leave a message with receptionist and have them ask and call you back. I think it's better to be sure if it concerns you....you need to heal and it is hard when you are worrying about things.

Good luck and know that it does get better every day.

Old 07-30-2004, 11:42 PM   #3
    Magui

Magui HB User
    Re: Chest Sore After Acdf

Sorry to hear about your pain. I think it is normal though. I had the same problem and I called my doctor to talk to him about it. Actually, after surgery I think the only pain I had was in my chest and in between my shoulder blades. Anyway, your muscles are very tight there because when they go in for surgery they move your vertebre and your muscles around (I think this is what he told me). Basically, your muscles got a little beat up during the surgery because they had to move them around to get to your spine. Right now they are mad and they just need to heal. It gets much better. If I remember right, the chest pain and tightness healed before the shoulder blade pain. Hope this helps and you have a great recovery.

Closed Thread