It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Bruising of spinal cord?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
    Josephine66

Josephine66 HB User
    Bruising of spinal cord?

I have spondy in my neck which has caused bruising of my spinal cord. I am having shoulder and arm pain and weakness. I am having fusion surgery to prevent further damage but the neurosurgeon doesn't know if the bruising will heal. Anyone have bruising of the spinal cord that healed? I could use some encouragement!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2004, 08:34 AM   #2
    Tracied3
    Inactive

Tracied3 HB User
    Re: Bruising of spinal cord?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Josephine66
    I have spondy in my neck which has caused bruising of my spinal cord. I am having shoulder and arm pain and weakness. I am having fusion surgery to prevent further damage but the neurosurgeon doesn't know if the bruising will heal. Anyone have bruising of the spinal cord that healed? I could use some encouragement!
    I beleive the term is hemaniogloma....or to that effect
    I have read many articles that said it the bruising was extensive that the clots calicify and they can not be removed successfully. But I do not have first hand knowledge of this.
    Best of luck and I hope you find the information you need.

Closed Thread