It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Spinal fusion from os odontoideum

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-02-2004, 02:22 PM   #1
    jessjones

jessjones HB User
    Spinal fusion from os odontoideum

Anyone else have C1-C2 posterior fusion with the Harms Screw Technique? I am five weeks out of surgery, and I think I'm recovering okay. I have good and bad days. I got the surgery because I had os odontoideum. I found out in late May, a couple weeks before graduation from college and a month before I was to get married to my high school sweetheart. The os odontoideum was found due to minor trauma--I was doing yoga and came down badly in a position--the resulting spinal cord pinch and neck injury lead the doctors to do a huge number of tests and revealed my condition.

I am trying to get better quickly, and I could really use some help. Is anyone else going through the same thing I am or that has already? I would love to learn from your experience and to get a better grasp on this surgery. I am also happy to help anyone else who would like to ask me a question.

I am really happy to find this forum. I've been looking for a place to find people who are going through this trial. It's good to have a place like this.

Sincerely,

Jessica Jones

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
    Tieger18
    (male)

Tieger18 HB User
    Re: Spinal fusion from os odontoideum

Jessica,
    I am having C1-C2 fusion next month and was hoping to hear your experiences. I fractured my C2 when I was tackled my a college roommate 3 years ago. The fracture never healed so I have instability. I am headed to {removed - please read the rules about this} school this fall and am worried that I won't be able to do the work after the surgery. I would love to hearback from you. You can e-mail me at {removed}

[ Please read and follow the posting rules - no emails. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 03-23-2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules - no emails

Old 05-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #3
    Laurie Ormsby
    (female)

Laurie Ormsby HB User
    Re: Spinal fusion from os odontoideum

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jessjones
    Anyone else have C1-C2 posterior fusion with the Harms Screw Technique? I am five weeks out of surgery, and I think I'm recovering okay. I have good and bad days. I got the surgery because I had os odontoideum. I found out in late May, a couple weeks before graduation from college and a month before I was to get married to my high school sweetheart. The os odontoideum was found due to minor trauma--I was doing yoga and came down badly in a position--the resulting spinal cord pinch and neck injury lead the doctors to do a huge number of tests and revealed my condition.

I am trying to get better quickly, and I could really use some help. Is anyone else going through the same thing I am or that has already? I would love to learn from your experience and to get a better grasp on this surgery. I am also happy to help anyone else who would like to ask me a question.

I am really happy to find this forum. I've been looking for a place to find people who are going through this trial. It's good to have a place like this.

Sincerely,

Jessica Jones
    :wave:

Last edited by Laurie Ormsby; 05-17-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Closed Thread