It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ACDF and return to work??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2004, 09:13 PM   #1
    Girafa

Girafa HB User
    ACDF and return to work??

Hi All-

I am two 1/2 weeks post-op for ACDF, C5-6 and have only seen the nurse since the surgery for a wound check. I don't see the Doctor until 10/14, but can't really afford to stay off work that long. My questions concern people's experiences with returning to work....Did you receive Disability for the time off (apparently ACDF is "elective" surgery!)?? How long before you went back to work? I am in no hurry, believe me....very stressful adminstrator's job plus four kids and a house to run. Any feedback will be appreciated, and keep taking care of yourselves!!!!

Girafa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #2
    kolt

kolt HB User
    Re: ACDF and return to work??

I was off work for 8 weeks. My job is very physical so the doctor was conservative on sending me back. I was in no hurry. He said that if I had a desk job I could have been back in 3-4 weeks. I did recive disability starting after my sick time ran out which was around the 2 1/2 week mark. I had no problems with disability covering ACDF. I am back to work now and doing great. I am about 10 weeks post op. You will do fine. I am not sure what you do for a living, but I am sure I could have been back to a desk/lite duty type job in 3 weeks. I did enjoy all that time off though so stay home as long as you can and try to enjoy it.

Closed Thread