It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• icy feeling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
    lynns

lynns HB User
    Question icy feeling

both my shoulders and my spine feel like i have icee hot on them and they dont. could this be related to the compressed spinal cord? see neuro on 28th
    so must wait. this is very uncomfortable. any one feel this before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2004, 02:39 AM   #2
    Lane N. Pain

Lane N. Pain HB User
    Wink Re: icy feeling

hello lynns, i too have an icy feeling on back of neck, sometimes cold wet feeling on bottoms of feet and left side of nose across face.

i had cervical myeloradiculopathy w/extruded disk at c7-t1 down to t1-t2 level with mass effect on cord. i strongly urge you to see a neurologist. i got passed around for closeto 2 years by ortho & neuro surgeons - i kept telling them i was falling, running into things, headaches, balance problems - by the time i had repeat mri before surgery the disc had been re-absorbed. symptoms continued armpain intolerable so they sent me to a neurologist who thinks i may have damage to the major blood vessels in my neck from this injury (stroke). i had noticed concentration problems and lack of organization skills, nothing major. but still...i'm glad i saw this dr. - who knew? i'm hoping my brain scan, eeg, and angiogram come out ok, waiting for insurance approval.

just fyi - what me worry nah...my nerves are probably cross wired -
    lanedepain

Old 11-20-2004, 07:33 PM   #3
    Backinthesaddle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
    Re: icy feeling

Ran accross you guys and wondered if you found out what the Icy hot feeling was. I was so glad to see someone else refer to the feeling like that. When I told my Dr. that is what I was feeling she acted like she didn't know what I mean as did the PT. I have had it on my left arm. I have cord compression C4-5 and multi-level arthritis. Plus other things I have no idea what they mean on the MRI. I already had a decompression on C6-7 last year. What a mess.

Closed Thread