It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• shooting firearms after acdf

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
    Duckdog

Duckdog HB User
    shooting firearms after acdf

I'm about 7 months out and was wondering if any of you guys shoot at all and how it was after your surgeries. I'm in PT now and still tighten up and get sore. I don't see how it can hurt much, but I was wondering if there's a certain amount of pain that shooting may bring on for a while.

Just out of couriosity, what does weather do to you guys? It really messes with me and tightens up my neck and arms when there is a front blowing through. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #2
    rgsmoose
    (male)

rgsmoose HB User
    Re: shooting firearms after acdf

I've had a couple of surgeries on my neck - a C5 & C6 corpectomy (now fused C4-C7) in April 2002 and a C3/C4/C5 laminaplasty last November. I go trap shooting every week without too much problem. The reason for the surgeries was partly to fix problems with my arms. I still have some issues with strength and there's still a few times where my trigger finger doesn't do what I want when I want, which usually costs me a lost target. But at least I can still go out shooting. I had to bring a note from the surgeon to prove he said it was OK - I've still got it.

And, yes, I can always tell when the weather's going to change. I guess I'm going to be one of those old guys sitting on the front porch telling everyone when a storm's coming....

Hang in there - it does get better (but not back to 100%). Good luck and shoot straight.

Old 09-17-2004, 02:31 AM   #3
    DonnaKay
    (female)

DonnaKay HB User
    Re: shooting firearms after acdf

I had originally thought this thread was going to be about shooting pains in arms after surgery. lol

I also thought it was funny that the two of you have MOOSE and DUCK and DOG in your names. :-)

My husband is a hunter and will enjoy this story.

Good luck with all the targets!

Donna

Closed Thread