It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Advise Needed on Severe Bicep & Tricep Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
    MarianJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MarianJ HB User
    Post Advise Needed on Severe Bicep & Tricep Pain

Hello Everyone
    I was told by my neuro surgeon over a year ago that I needed a cervical fusion. At that time I had also needed a lumbar fusion and I had chosen to fix my back injury first. The lumbar fusion has left me in a great deal of back and leg pain. I have also developed a lot of scar tissue that has displaced my S1 nerve root. This has left me with much pain in my feet. I just had 3 EMG's this past Monday but won't get result's until next month. I do know that they found some problems as the nurse told me so and the test went on much longer than scheduled. Also the neurologist had asked to check the muscles in my back and neck along with my legs and arm. Anyway, I have had severe pain for at least 4 months or so in both my arms. The pain had started in my biceps and then traveled to my triceps. I also see a Rheumatologist and he had done an x-ray on my left arm. The films had showed that I developed arthritis of my shoulder and he said that I have Tendonitis of my rotator cuff. He also said that he didn't need to x-ray the other arm as he believed the same was wrong with the right arm. My pain has increased in both arms and I have horrible spasms. Yesterday it got so bad that I went to my primary doctor as I could not even use my right arm. He couldn't understand how I was in so much pain while taking MS Contin 15mgs, 3 times a day, and also Topamax and Bextra. He sent me for an x-ray of my arm, and that is all he really could do for me. It will take a couple of days for report. He also recommended that maybe I see an Orthopedic Surgeon. Well, today the pain isn't as bad and I can type, so here I am. I was wondering if my cervical injury's in my signature could also cause the problems with my arms. I don't think that they can cause arthritis but this pain can be unbearable, and it makes me cry a lot. If I move my arms the wrong way it almost feels as if something is tearing in them. I can no longer raise them up or move them behind my back. The pain has also traveled into my shoulders as well. Any information is always greatly appreciated.
    Jeanne

~CERVICAL~
    Straightening of the Normal Cervical Lordosis.
    Mild Congenital Narrowing of the Spinal Canal.
    C4-5, C5-6, C6-7 Herniated Discs
    C4-5 & C5-6 , Cord Flattening at these levels.

Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Bursitis, Tendonitis, Diabetes,
    Anemia, Asthma, Acid Reflux, Migraine's

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread