It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• how to tell if the fusion didn't take

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-12-2004, 10:33 AM   #1
    TRACI-65
    Inactive

TRACI-65 HB User
    how to tell if the fusion didn't take

..all..i was wondering if anyone would tell me how would one know if their fusion didn't take.what are the symptoms...what would show it best a xray or mri or ct scan.the reason i am asking is i had lumbar surgery almost a year now with rods,screws and fusion.i am in more pain now then before my surgery.i still can not bend over or lift anything over 5 lbs.the last time i had a mri was 5 months after my surgery.anyone who has had a failed fusion i would love to hear your story.i am just wondering if there is any symptoms that i am having others may of felt too.tks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
    Esmo77
    (female)

Esmo77 HB User
    Re: how to tell if the fusion didn't take

Traci-65:
    Just got back from doc today. Failed fusion at C5-6. One year out 2 level ACDF with donor bone and plate. He wants to use screws posterior this time but I am not so sure what to do yet. I asked if I had any options and he said I could use electric bone stim. for 6 weeks. My only symptom was pain. Radiating pain from surgery that just kept getting worse and worse. Guess decision time is almost upon me again. A CT scan confirmed my non-fusion but the x-ray also showed a thin line of non fusion too. Good Luck with your back.

Closed Thread