It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Spinal syrinx in my daughter

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2004, 09:25 AM   #1
    RickyinNC

RickyinNC HB User
    Spinal syrinx in my daughter

My daughter is 10 years old, complained of back pain recently. We had an MRI done and they found a spinal syrinx and 2 bulging discs. I pray someone here will have some experience or more information on the syrinx and if there is any treatment for this.

Any help or comment is appreciated.

God bless you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
    isuglfr
    (female)

isuglfr HB User
    Re: Spinal syrinx in my daughter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RickyinNC
    My daughter is 10 years old, complained of back pain recently. We had an MRI done and they found a spinal syrinx and 2 bulging discs. I pray someone here will have some experience or more information on the syrinx and if there is any treatment for this.

Any help or comment is appreciated.

God bless you.
    Hi RickyinNC...I see you had no replies re: your daughter but wanted to know if you ever found out any specifics. My daughter is 19 and also was just diagnosed with a syrinx. Having 2 more MRIs in a week and wondering what you might have done for treatment. Any comment is appreciated.

Old 02-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
    Tee Cee
    (male)

Tee Cee HB User

Help is out there and you are not alone...
    Please Check with the National Institue of Health and American Syringomyelia Alliance Project both of which can be found on the web, ASAP is the best source for information.

Above all else get a Dr. with experience American Syringomyelia Alliance Project (ASAP) can help with that the best medicine is to stabilize to keep from getting worse.
    I was 40 when got syrinx from and accident be careful with drug treatment many have bad side effects. It also helps to keep a diary of day to day activities some activities cause more pain than others and sometimes it depends on the day sometimes what is done physically today wont bother you till a day or two later (remember just because someone looks ok on the outside doesn't mean they don't hurt on the inside)
    help is out there and ASAP has alot of answers syringomyelia is different for each person but we all share a few of the same difficulties.
    Respectfully,
    Tom

Old 02-28-2005, 05:00 AM   #4
    kirafaye
    Inactive
    (female)

kirafaye HB User

DO they know what caused the syrinx? like chiari or a tumour etc etc.....cause they usually treat that first to see if they can get the spinal fluid moving by itself....in worst case scenarios a shutn is required....how big is it? ASAP.org is good and so is sm-acm.com

Closed Thread