It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 20 Weeks Post-Op ACDF - Update

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2004, 12:58 PM   #1
    dennisgb
    Inactive

dennisgb HB User
    20 Weeks Post-Op ACDF - Update

Hi all,

Well, I am at week 20 and all is well. Have been feeling a little more shoulder pain (spasms), due to my hectic workload. It's like I have never been gone at work. I have 5 times the work I had before I left.

One thing I do recognize is, stress is not good for your neck!

I think that is where the original saying "A Pain In The Neck!" came from.

I have been driving about 500 miles a week again too. This is not real easy on things either. Especially with the issues of not being able to turn neck as far. I hate driving! It really stresses me out.

If I get enough rest, and do my exercizes, everything is fine. Miss an hour of sleep and forget to excercise neck...muscles flare right up.

I have been assigned my very own case manager from my health insurance company (I think I cost them too much money ) Anyway, they are having me do all these tests to make sure I don't get sick ever again (pro-active health care). My GP says "What are we looking for?" I say "Beats Me?" Don't understand how that could be cheaper, but they are the boss...I get to wear a heart monitor for a month!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Dennis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 06:41 PM   #2
    tintx

tintx HB User
    Re: 20 Weeks Post-Op ACDF - Update

Hi, Dennis,
    Sorry to hear you have all that work and driving! I agree with you about stress, it does make everything worse, and for me it goes hand-in-hand with overwork. That's what seems to stress me out the most.

That's bizarre about your insurance! I don't recall ever hearing an insurance co. ordering tests, and the heart monitor!!?? Good grief.

Well, hope your recovery continues to improve.
    Tintx

Closed Thread