It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• New treatment for collapsed disc?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-06-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
    sanshock

sanshock HB User
    New treatment for collapsed disc?

I hear there is a new type of treatment to correct problems resulting from collapsed discs. It is done by injection of some kind of substance which then hardens and increases the space which was narrowed by the lack of disc, and since it's an injection, doesn't require surgery. I realize this doesn't take care of the whole problem if there are spurs involved, but it sounds like a good alternative to conventional methods. Has anyone heard of this, and does it work like it sounds like it would?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Cervical bulging disc and leg weakness? juliesand Back Problems 19 07-22-2010 07:08 AM
    what can you do to help a collapsed disc? Julie Wilkes Back Problems 1 03-18-2009 08:20 AM
    Question about "collapsed discs?" FriarJen83 Back Problems 4 04-30-2005 11:28 AM
    Surgery for a collapsed disc lapis136 Back Problems 15 07-10-2004 09:29 AM
    FUSION CONFUSION and collapsed discs lapis136 Back Problems 6 07-08-2004 09:37 AM
    Hasn't ANYONE had a fusion because the disc was collapsed causing facet jointproblems Mistina Back Problems 9 06-30-2004 02:14 PM
    Collapsed Lumbar Disc Blossom3 Back Problems 2 05-19-2003 08:27 AM