It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Herinated disc in c3 and 4

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #1
    HOCKEYTL2

HOCKEYTL2 HB User
    Herinated disc in c3 and 4

I went to the ns and he said it was not nothing too bad, its compressing on my spinal cord but the herination is only mild, what can I do and do you thing I nedd restictions on things to do and what meds do I take and can I rehab this without an operation.....thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2004, 03:03 PM   #2
    aspen2cody

aspen2cody HB User
    Re: Herinated disc in c3 and 4

I wouldnt lift any weights over 25 pounds for 3 months. I would were a cervical collar for 6 weeks. I would do some relaxation tapes. Sleep at least 8 hours with a good pillow. Eat a good diet, walk walk and walk then do some pt with gentle stretches of the neck and shoulder. Good Luck

Old 12-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
    Sam43
    (male)

Sam43 HB User
    Re: Herinated disc in c3 and 4

I'm curious, did the nsurgeon recommend surgery? If he didn't answer your questions to your satisfaction, I would at the least go back to your primary care doc and talk about your options. Physical Therapy (PT) might be one. As far as meds, I would think if you're not in a lot of pain the most you would need would be ibuprofen (it could help with inflammation). But talk to your doctor about it. I second the recommendation to find a good pillow and do some walking. Good orthopedic pillows can be found at many pharmacies. And I would avoid hockey for at least a while!
    Good luck...

Closed Thread