It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 19yr old w/syrinx:HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2004, 05:41 PM   #1
    isuglfr
    (female)

isuglfr HB User
    19yr old w/syrinx:HELP

My daughter is a 19yr old collegiate golfer and was just diagnosed with a syrinx. After 4 months of mis-diagnosis from heart attack to intercostal tear to thoracic outlet syndrome..MRI finally showed syrinx. Any help out there as to what we can expect from this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you...isulglfr's mom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
    Tee Cee
    (male)

Tee Cee HB User
    Re: 19yr old w/syrinx:HELP

Hi,
    Not alot is know about syringomyelia, have had alot of same problems try checking with National Instiute of Health or American Syringomyelia Alliance Project(funded partly by Bobby Jones foundation (famous golfer w/SM) ASAP is the best resource That I have found the only advice that I have is to get a good Dr with experiance,
    ASAP can help you with that.
    Respectfully,
    Tom

Old 02-28-2005, 04:56 AM   #3
    kirafaye
    Inactive
    (female)

kirafaye HB User
    Re: 19yr old w/syrinx:HELP

DO you know what caused it cause thats what most neuro's try and treat....like a tumour or chiari etc etc.... they hope that when they treat the cause the syrinxs will resolve themselves with the CSF flow goign properly....in veyr severe cases a shunt is sometimes used....how logn is the syrinx and how big....? mine runs form C2-T10 and is a huge central syrinx down from c3...its the width that counts more.

Closed Thread