It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Recent Neck Surgery - Numb finger

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
    gordonjan
    (male)

gordonjan HB User
    Recent Neck Surgery - Numb finger

I recently had cervical discectomy surgery with donor bone and plate at c6 and c7. I was laying on the bed face down when my 3 year old daughter decided she wanted a horsey ride (12/04/04). She landed between the neck and shoulder and I felt immediate pain. I thought it was getting better but then after a 13 hour day in my office chair it was clear that it wasn't. I woke up the next day with severe arm pain, numb fingers and muscles spasms across my back and arm. I spent the next 2 weeks flat on my back on oxycodone and valium. I had the surgery on 12/29/04. It was wonderful the pain in my arm was gone. The only problem is that it has been 3 weeks and there is no change in the numbness in my finger (pointer on left hand). I am a programmer and it is very hard for my to type with that finger now (not to mention it bothers me all the time). Can anybody tell me if they had numbness that cleared up after surgery and how long it took?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
    misery
    (female)

misery HB User
    Re: Recent Neck Surgery - Numb finger

goodmornig,it sounds as if things are going pretty well for you,my problems are low back with a side of disk degeneration,so I'm not a neck expert but I do know that most numbness is due to swelling in the tissue it can take a great deal of time to go away.Always let docs know what is going on but you should be alright.
    Best of luck.H

Closed Thread