It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Neurontin for Burning Hands, Anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
    LEONDAS
    (male)

LEONDAS HB User
    Neurontin for Burning Hands, Anyone?

I just had an MRI four months after my acdf on C3-C4 and the neurologist says things look good where the surgery was done. My motor skills returned shortly after surgery but I have a residual numbness and burning in my hands that isn't going away and gets worse the more I use my hands. So we are trying a slow buildup of neurontin. I have a friend who has been helped by neurontin but am interested in knowing if it has alleviated the burning sensation of anybody frequenting this healthboard. Thanks, Tom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 04:19 PM   #2
    clowngrrl

clowngrrl HB User
    Re: Neurontin for Burning Hands, Anyone?

My NS prescribed me with 300 mg of neurontin because I was having a "pins and needles" feeling all over (I had ACDF on C5/C6 about four months ago. Now it feels like I'm getting pricked by a cactus all of the time, but I just started the neurontin less than a week ago. Has it helped you?

Old 01-28-2005, 08:02 AM   #3
    dennisgb
    Inactive

dennisgb HB User
    Re: Neurontin for Burning Hands, Anyone?

Neurontin works, but I couldn't take it as it made me dizzy. Docs kept trying to get me to take it, but after 3-4 days, I would feel like I was going to fall down. Hope you have better luck with it.

Dennis

Closed Thread