It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• SUrgery? MRI results C5-6-7

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
    Jacky-Scott
    (female)

Jacky-Scott HB User
    SUrgery? MRI results C5-6-7

My boyfriend Scott, injured his neck and after a doctors appt they scheduled him for an MRI. His doctor is suggesting surgery. I'm not sure what type yet but does anyone have any experience with this. Following is his MRI report.

Significant calcinosis at C5-6 and C6-7 levels due to an accentuated cervical lordosis in that region and slight retrolisthesis of C5 on C6. C5-6 axially demonstrates moderate generalized disc bulge, which severly affects the left neural foramina and to a minimal degree the right neural foramina. There is flattening and deformity of the spinal cord in that region. A high signal abnormality is also demonstrated in the spinal cord in that region, consistent with mild edema. At the levels above, no gross abnormality is demonstrated. The cord is normal in signal intensity and morphology and the disc spaces are well maintained. No compression fractures or acute spondylolisthesis are seen

C6-7 level demonstrates moderate posterior osteophty formation with flattening of the cord to some degree. No significant neural foramina stenosis is appreciated.

Impression:
    Severe canal stenosis at C5-6 causes edema in the cord and flattening of the spinal cord. There is combined disc bulge, retrolistheses and mild facet joint arthropathy causing these abnormalities in addition to resulting in left-sided neural foramina stenosis of a severe nature.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #2
    valleygurl
    Inactive
    (female)

valleygurl HB User
    Re: SUrgery? MRI results C5-6-7

Hey There, Wow...sounds like your boyfriend is in a whole lot of pain!!! It sounds like he definately needs surgery, especially seeing how his spinal cord is being compromised. However, a general practitioner cannot make that decision. It would have to be decided by a neurosurgeon or orthopaedic surgeon, which ever his doctor refers him to. I wish him luck and pain free days!
    ValleyGurl

Closed Thread