It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Dizziness??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-28-2005, 08:56 PM   #1
    Lilianne
    (female)

Lilianne HB User
    Dizziness??

Hi...I'm new here. I have been reading for a few weeks but this is my first post. I was diagnosed with C5-C6 hernitation and spinal stenosis. I guess I have had pretty much the run of the mill symptoms until now. For about a week now, whenever I am lying on my back and turn my head to the left side I get dizzy. It feels as if the room (or me) is actually spinning around. This has even woke me up from sleep. Has anyone here had anything like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
    jaymz
    (male)

jaymz HB User
    Re: Dizziness??

hello , ya i was dizzy , i had a ruptured c5-6 disc ,i had acdf last week and im still a lil dizzy. try standing with your eyes closed arms down to your side but make sure you have a spotter, when i do it i fall flat on my a** so i cant drive a car yet, i hope it goes away soon good luck to ya peace jaymz.....

Old 03-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #3
    wimpette
    (female)

wimpette HB User

Don't know what's causing your dizziness but as it's a new symptom and very specific I suggest you let your doc know immediately what is going on. There are many possible causes and I think your doctor will want to make sure that there are no problems with the blood flow in your neck - decrease in flow in certain positions can cause dizziness. Let us know how you're doing and what transpires.
    W

Old 03-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #4
    Lilianne
    (female)

Lilianne HB User

Thanks for your help. I will let him know when I go next week and hopefully he can tell me something. It's a really strange feeling to wake up in the middle of the night spinning!
    Lisa

Closed Thread